What Books Are You Reading?
Today I was discussing with a business associate and we got on the topic of books. I was recently gifted a book that has some very thought-provoking views. It is called The Business Plan for Peace.
Here is the book summary from Amazon:
Many people feel powerless in the face of what they see on TV or read in the news – a world in crisis, with wars and violence taking place across the globe. Scilla Elworthy has written a book for all those who want to step out of helplessness and apply their skills to do something about the challenges now facing us. Packing a punch with facts and figures, the first few chapters investigate the forces that drive armed conflict, and then, by contrast, show what is already effective in building peace at both local and international levels. The crucial heart of the book is a first-ever costed Business Plan for Peace, showing that war can be prevented for $2 billion. The final, upbeat, pages reveal the massive impact that ordinary people can have in making a peaceful world possible, and how they can do it.
You have probably heard the saying “Leaders are Readers” which is why here at Ollin Women we do a monthly Club. Learning together is a fabulous way to create autonomy amongst our Ollin Women International Members and Ambassadors.
Some of the books we have read or are reading together are:
- A New Earth by Ekhart Tolle – we are starting this book together on May 2, 2022
- Positive Intelligence by Shirzad Chamine
- The Book of Hope by Jane Goodall
- Tears We Cannot Stop by Michael Eric Dyson
- The Book of Joy by Dalai Lama, Desmond Tutu
- One by Barbara Brooks, PhD
- Peace is the Way by Deepak Chopra
- The Art of Waging Peace by Paul Chappell
- The Anatomy of Peace by the Arbinger Institute
- The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz
- Peace is Every Step by Thic Nhat Hahn
- Nonviolent Communication by Marshall Rosebert, PhD
- Caste by Isabel Wilkerson
What are you reading? Would you like to join our monthly book club? We meet on the first Monday of the month from 6-8 pm EST. We’d love to have you join us.